.

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Peapod: Online Grocery Shopping

pea plant Pod Behaviors and comparing What behaviors argon involved in online securities industry store shop? How does online securities industry shop equal with traditional shopping in footh ageing of behavioral effort? The behaviors involved in online securities industry shopping argon entropy dawn, rompds access, and transaction. The education contact occurs when consumers start into contact with information, either intention anyy or accident totallyy, just ab place products, stores, or brands (J. Paul Peter, 2010, p. 95) bills access or money is the autochthonic strong point of consumer exchange. The consumer must access this medium in one form or another before an exchange cat up occur (J. Paul Peter, 2010, p. 198) I do not believe that the store contact or the product contact is relevant here since the purchases are being make online and not in a brick and plaster store which would allow the customer to see, touch, and liveliness the items they wish to pu rchase. The behavioral efforts found in an online grocery shopping jakes be described as in an nip case only.Online shopping is used when the customer does not form on enough sequence to yield into the supermarket to shop. Yet the success of Pea Pod relies on these cases of customers for the success of their go along business. The behaviors of traditional shopping are information contact, funds access, store contact, product contact, and transaction. What twain the online and traditional shopper has in common are the consumption and disposition, and the communication. Consumers What types of consumers are likely to rank online grocery shopping from Peapod?The type of consumers that are likely to value online grocery shopping from Peapod are the busy consumers, women, older large number, people without cars (if the stores are not mountain passing distance) and the dual-income families (that) are strapped for season (J. Paul Peter, 2010, p. 209) to name a a couple of(pren ominal). These customers whitethorn feel as if they submit no sequence to observe oneself into a brick and mortar store. Their careers and quick paced life may make it inconvenient to take time from their day to get this task of grocery shopping done.Yet, with Peapod, they can request whatever they emergency online and they know that it give get delivered at their specified time. They did not view to drive to a store, park their car, walk into the store, find a cart or a basket, walk the aisles to pick their products, get on line to salary, put the items on the belt, pay for their items, bag their items, walk pricker to the car, load the car, drive root, unload the car, and put their groceries away. Peapod saves them all of the steps except for divergence online and picking the items, remunerative, and putting the items away in one case delivered.Opinion and Comparison Overall, what do you think about the idea of online grocery shopping? How does it contrast with simp ly eating in restaurants and avoiding grocery shopping and preparedness altogether? I will answer this question from a personal standpoint and not from data or information found in the specified reading. The idea of online shopping definitely intrigues me but I cannot find myself doing it. I can understand the need for this type of service based on the whatchamacallum but it is not for me.As a 46 year old career cleaning lady who is very rarely home, because of my required travels, I am the perfect customer for an online shopping program. Peapod is created and geared towards making my shopping have it away easy and effortless but my get out judgment goes against it. I am of the old fashioned belief that I need to see, touch, smell, and feel everything I purchase. I cannot find myself allowing someone else to pick the same camp of steak I would. How would the person picking my order know which stalk of broccoli I would pick had I done it myself?Although, I am usually limited f or time, a trip to the grocery store, for me, is a fun and relaxing way to get the items I need to prepare the meals while I am at home. Interestingly enough, my grocery store of preference is assure nShop which is the owner of Peapod. (J. Paul Peter, 2010, p. 209) Stop nShop has a body in their stores to allow the customer on the run to save a few steps and helps them get out the penetration quicker. They have scanning guns at the submission of the store that a customer can use to scan their items and allow them to hence put them directly into their shopping bag.Once all the shopping is done, you take the scanner to a register where the items you have scanned will download onto a screen which then allows you to pay for your purchase. It saves the time by not having to take all of your items out, put them on the belt, rest for a cashier to scan and kick the items, and then put them into bags. I have found this process to be marvelous and time saving for me. While, as I menti oned above, I am not a fan of online shopping and when compared to eating out it is safe to say that buying nline will be cost effective as compared to a restaurant. Eating out all of the time instead of buying groceries and cooking at home will puzzle very expensive. Also, the time spent getting to the restaurant, placing the order, waiting for the preparation, eating (if you are staying in), paying the bill, then getting back home will be a often longer process in time as compared to shopping and cooking at home. References J. Paul Peter, J. C. (2010). Consumer Behavior & merchandising Strategy (9th Edition ed. ). New York, NY McGraw-Hill Irwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment